Today we will have a Conversation Of Courage relating to Goals and Purpose. Flying Into Your Purpose!
What is Conversations Of Courage? Glad you asked. Let’s break it down. Conversation means a talk, especially an informal one, between two or more people, in which news and ideas are exchanged. Courage is defined as the ability to do something that frightens you, finding strength in the face of pain and/or grief. So CONVERSATIONS OF COURAGE is a communication and dialogue where I will teach/share information and exchange ideas/news/experiences. Hello, my name is Daria Dillard Stone, The Servant. Welcome to the Conversations Of Courage Blog!
Have you ever set goals, made plans as you are preparing for your purpose? How did that turn out? Let’s examine what purpose is.
1. What Is Purpose? The purpose is why something is done or used – the aim or intention of something, the feeling of being determined to do or achieve something, the aim or goal of a person what a person is trying to do or become. To make sure you are creating goals that are genuinely right for you, ask yourself, “What is the purpose behind my goal? Or What is the goal behind your purpose? You and only you can answer that question. You see, you can’t have a goal to please someone else – that will last a while. But it will not keep you thriving if it is not your vision, your goal! You can’t have a goal for what grandpa always wanted you to do. If it’s a goal you want to pursue, continue to remind yourself why it’s important to you. What value in your life is this goal honoring? When you arrive at the answer, you will know if you are “flying or falling.”
2. What Does A Successful Outcome Look And Feel Like? Start with the end in mind always – you have already reached your desired outcome fully and completely and accomplished because you are serious about the milestones that helped you get there? By asking these questions, you can identify the big blockers that will hinder you from reaching your goals.
3. What Would My Life Look Like If I Knew my purpose/goals? This one question will lead to additional questions as you try to clarify where you really want to go. Do the goals align with your values? Is the goal something you really want, or are you trying to live someone else’s dream? The more questions you ask yourself, the closer you will get to an answer.
4. What’ Are My Superpowers? The art of the self-question is one of the most incredible superpowers we have. Unfortunately, many of us don’t use this power consciously. Heading in the best direction requires you to understand what’s best for you. “Who am I?” is one powerful way to illuminate this. Spend a lot of time exploring this question, and choosing the right goals and directions will be easy.
5. Why Is This My Goal? Why will this goal change your life, business, dreams, and finances? If you ask why about everything you’re doing in your life, you will find a better gauge of what will help you succeed. Once you know why you’re doing something, you’ll be able to be less vague. If you’re vague in your goals, you’ll be vague in your results. This will make you feel as though you’ve failed. This will determine if you are “flying or falling.”
6. What Do I Ultimately Want To Achieve? The key is to identify your end goal and focus on actionable steps to meet that goal. Once you’ve fleshed out what you truly want for your life, career, business, etc., you can then uncover the building blocks for the most successful outcome. Every step you take now and in the future should align with the bigger picture. –
7. What’s My Ideal Job Description?
When working with burned-out doctors, the first step is to change their focus by 180 degrees. They are laser-focused on what they don’t like in their job and are actively running away from these pain points. Success in stopping burnout and putting them back in a career with purpose requires building their ideal job description and then making sure they’re always moving in that direction.
8. What Drives Me? Understanding yourself is the first step toward identifying the right goals for you. Until you know what drives you, it’s hard to drive yourself in the best direction. First, clearly define where you want to go. Then, ask yourself why you want this, what you will achieve and what challenges you will face along the way. Define and tackle the steps needed to obtain your ultimate goal.
Because I care, I share
Daria Dillard Stone, The Servant
Min. Daria Dillard Stone, “The Servant,” is the Founding C.E.O. of Sharing Ministries L.L.C. Sharing Ministries, L.L.C. mission is: Built on a foundation of faith and integrity, Sharing Ministries helps women from all walks of life to develop character, clarity, and courage by offering spiritual guidance, educational resources, business connections, and moral support.
Daria states, “This website was birthed out of the grief I was experiencing in 2007 when my darling husband Todd died. But now it has grown out of the grief and exemplifies the G.R.I.T. (Grace, Resilience, Integrity, Tenacity).” She is an inspiring preacher/teacher, award-winning author, and an international motivational speaker.